Hello all,

I'd like to return something like this from an ajax call:

message</error>...</errors>

Where the html fragment is like <div id="foo"><script
type="application/json">{foo: 'bar'}</script><span>Some
stuff...</span></div>.

I would like to insert the html fragment into my page, but I'm having a
really hard time. I think it's a content type issue. When I use text/html,
this doesn't work:

if($('success', data).size > 0) { /* process success */ }

But if I use text/xml, when I insert the data into the document, it isn't
processing it as html, I just get the plain text even though I can see all
the html in the generated source.

Could somebody point me in the right direction? Should I just return
specially formatted html like <div class="success">...</div> instead of
<success>...</success> and use text/html?

Thanks,
Erik