Hello

I today upgraded the internal development version of our site from
jQuery 1.0.3 to jQuery 1.0.4. The upgrade caused some minor troubles
which I'd like to report:

We use following simple snippet to get a certain :hover effect for
our tables:

$("table.ruler tbody tr,table.ruler > tr").hover(
             function(e) { $(this).addClass("ruled"); return true; },
             function(e) { $(this).removeClass("ruled"); return true; }
            );

This continues to function but spams the Safari JavaScript error
console with following error message if the mouse pointer hovers
above a text link within the table.
Type error
jquery.js Line: 1036

(line number in reference to jQuery 1.0.4 in the uncompressed
version). This maybe is some problem with the event-object fixer for
Safari.

The effect continues to work, by the way.

Another think I noticed: It seems support for having a string as
second argument to bind vanished since 1.0.3 - it now seems to always
expect a function. This should maybe be added to the changelogs - it
might save others some time in locating problems caused by this
change or the function should complain during the bind about the
incompatible datatype. Right now, jQuery 1.0.4 will happily bind an
event which it cannot handle later on and will die in the
jQuery.event.handle function.

--
Markus Peter - SPiN AG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]