> I'm looking for some help in building a plugin that would get the
> computed styles of an element and build an inline style string for
> that element. I assume it'd be something like looping through
> jQuery(el).css("styleName") and sticking the results together.

I'm curious, how would this be used?

Do you want only the results of inline styles, or the current values of all
style properties whether they're inline or inherited? If you plan to
round-trip this back to the tested element as an inline style, would the
interference with css stylesheet rules be a problem?