I think it can be useful as a part of the to be jqueryised WYMeditor
(http://www.wymeditor.org). Maybe it's not so bad to modularize a
WYSIWYG editor. Certain fields could  use specific parts of  an editor.
I'm thinking in the line of a user added title that can have different
css styles or a link.

David