2006/12/19, Christof Donat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

> ID should be uniqe over the page, so  div#myid is redundant.

No, it isn't. It should return an empty jQuery-Object in case the Element
with
the id "myid" is not a div. That is usefull when you produce your Content
dynamically (e.g. with PHP). The same is true for .myclass#myid, or even
div.myclass#myid which should return the element with the id "myid" only
if
it is a div and has the class "myclass":

I know that. My point is that there should not be two elements with same id
on the page. At least, I'm developing like that.

if( $("div.myclass#myid").length > 0 ) alert("YEAH, WE GOT IT");
else if( $("#myid").length > 0 ) alert("Ha, my ID is misused!!");

Christof

Dragan Krstić krdr
http://krdr.ebloggy.com/