Thanks Andreas, yes I know about that plugin and I have even been having a
short email conversation with Klaus about it a month ago or so (before I
went on vacation)  - my problem is that I need "two meanings" for  the
history hash (#whatever) - first to select the current tab  - and also the
get the current page, i.e #onetabname selects one tab,  #anothertab selects
another tab - easy enough - however I need more : #anothertab-1
should select the anothertab tab and also fetch the
first page.  Just #anothertab and #anothertab-563 (get page 563) should also
work if you understand how I mean. I havn't really looked into the code yet-
it might even be possible without any need for change?
Or my thought was to intercept some sort of load event of the history plugin
and dynamically do the tab selectiing and page fetching from it. However I
really need to get a better understanding of the inner workings of it.

On 12/22/06, Andreas Wahlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Isn't there a jQuery plugin for just that?
http://www.stilbuero.de/jquery/history/

Andreas

> I will probably implement Ajax paging - in  fact I already have
> done it at
> my dev box, but my problem is getting the content to be "permanent"
> - after
> paging to speak. If I click on a font to go to the view page, then
> click
> browser back, I get back to the FIRST page of results, not the last
> page (2
> or 3 or whatever) I had "ajaxed" into the tab page ...Need to look
> into it
> some more..

Stefan Holmberg

Systementor AB