Don't think this came through the first time
--------------

I thought this would be fairly straightforward but it appears to be causing
me some distress. I need to get the value of an FCKEditor field for
transmission using AJAX. However, when I reference the fields ID and call
the val() method, I get a blank result when there is definitely content in
it. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Below is the HTML that is
generated when I instantiate the FCKEditor. Here's the link of jQ that I'm
using...uber-basic:

var content = $('#art_article').val();

I've even tried getting the value of a field with a name attribute of
art_article like so:

var content = $('input[name=art_article]').val();

<input type="hidden" id="art_article" name="art_article" value=""
style="display:none" />
<input type="hidden" id="art_article___Config" value="" style="display:none"
/>
<iframe id="art_article___Frame"
src="/admin/includes/fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=art_articl
e&amp;Toolbar=SmallSet" width="100%" height="250" frameborder="no"
scrolling="no"></iframe>

Any ideas?

andy matthews
web developer
certified advanced coldfusion programmer
ICGLink, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
615.370.1530 x737