> I think that's just getting too fancy for this plugin.  This is meant
> to be a very low overhead solution and I'd like to get the size down
> to 1K if possible.

Well, I couldn't get it under 1K, but it's under 2! (packed)

I've made the following changes to blockUI:

- ghosting is not performed on FF/Linux (can someone test this?)
- removed "chainability"; this seemed like a contrived requirement on
my part so the new calling syntax is simply:
$.blockUI and $.unblockUI

If you want chainability you can always add these two lines:

$.fn.blockUI = function() { $.blockUI(); return this; }
$.fn.unblockUI = function() { $.unblockUI(); return this; }

Mike