If I remember correctly this plugin depends on the dimensions plugin and it seems like you've not included it.

-- Felix Geisendörfer aka the_undefined
--------------------------
http://www.thinkingphp.org
http://www.fg-webdesign.de

Ámon Tamás wrote:
Hello,

I get the following error:

$(document).outerHeight is not a function (line 55)
Is this a bug or a feature?

(I have firefox 2.0)

Gavin M. Roy wrote:
I've released 0.11 of the jquery-modalContent plugin with the following changes:
2006-12-19 patch from Tim Saker <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
  1) Keyboard events are now only permitted on visible elements belonging to
the modal layer (child elements). Attempting to place focus on any other page
element will cause focus to be transferred back to the first (ordinal) visible
child element of the modal layer.

  2) The modal overlay shading now covers the entire height of the document
except for a small band at the bottom, which is the height of a scrollbar (a
separate thread to be opened on this problem with dimension.js).

  3) I removed the code that disables and reenables the scrollbars.  This is
just a suggestion really, realizing it could be one of those little things that
causes fellow developers to become unnecessary foes ;=).  Personally, I found
it an annoying behaviour to remove a visible scrollbar causing the page
elements to shift right upon modal popup, then back after closure. If the
intent was to prevent scrolling it doesn't anyway since you can still page down
with the keyboard. Maybe it should be a boolean option passed in the function
signature?

2007-01-03 gmr
  1) Updated to set the top of the background div to 0
  2) Add 50px to the background div (ugly hack until dimensions.js returns the
proper height
  3) Removed the .focus from the $('#modalContent .focus') selector since that
required something with a class of focus.

  4) Created a function for reaize and bound and unbound that so it doesnt
clobber other resize functions on unbinding.
  5) Created a function for binding the .close class and bound/unbound click
using it.  Close now will work on any clickable element including a map area.

  6) Renamed animation commands to match jQuery's.

It is available at http://jquery.glyphix.com - Thank you to everyone who has
made suggestions and given feedback on the plugin to make it better.

Regards,

Gavin