You could try creating a setInterval that constantly checks for the
existence of your element, but that's a pretty dirty hack.

-- Yehuda

On 1/8/07, Phillip B Oldham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi all

I need to fire an event/run a method once an element (in this case a div
with a list inside) has loaded, but before $(document).ready().

I'd like to be able to use simple jQuery objects... something like:

$('#mydiv').hasloaded(function(){
    //do something here
});

$(document).ready(function(){
    //do the rest of the "window.onload" events here
});

I've been looking through the source, and it seems to me that doing
$('#mydiv').ready(function(){}); will fire when the whole DOM has loaded,
which will probably be a little late for me.

Any idea on how I can do this?

Phill

Yehuda Katz
Web Developer | Wycats Designs