thanks ... this still isn't making any sense to me though.

the docs say that load

"Bind a function to the load event of each matched element."

IOW ... it doesn't actually load anything - it causes some function to
get executed each time that element finishes loading.

> I believe the online docs are accurate, but load is a flexible
> function that you can pass one, two or three args.  And href is an
> important one - that's what you're loading!
>
> $('#target').load('myFile.html');

so this just loads myFile without and other function getting executed?
loads it where? this is an element .... ie a button, a link or
whatever ... how can you load an html file into it?

sorry if this is a dumb q ... but this completely doesn't make sense
to me. If I failed to R some basic bit of TFM I'd be glad of a pointer

thanks again.

--
Daniel McBrearty
email : danielmcbrearty at gmail.com