Actually that works even worse than my idea: now my images aren't displaying
at all :D.
I'll keep working on it and will publish a proper solution later today.

On 1/13/07, Stefan Petre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I had the same problem when I build the Slideshow plugin. Images don't
have width and height in computed styles so to get the right dimensions use:
/**
  * Calculates the height of every image in the selection.
 * Necesary for vertical justifying purposes.
 * Has to be called before verJustify().
 * @see verJustify()
 * @example calHeight("#left");
  * @param string query - The selection to be precalculated
 * @return none
 */
 function calHeight(query){
    query = query + " img";
    $(query).each(function(){
       $(this).css("height", this.height + 'px');
Abel Tamayo wrote:

Ok. I give Up. I need to know the height of certain images in my page to
be able to format it and I've tried several workarounds like this function
that I call right before my verJustify() function (yeah, a function that
lets me justify vertically all divs in my page, just like the plug in):

/**
 * Calculates the height of every image in the selection.
 * Necesary for vertical justifying purposes.
 * Has to be called before verJustify().
 * @see verJustify()
 * @example calHeight("#left");
 * @param string query - The selection to be precalculated
 * @return none
 */
function calHeight(query){
    query = query + " img";
    $(query).each(function(){
      $(this).css("height", $(this).css("height"));

The problem with my layout is that basically every image's size is set
dinamically when the page loads. Like a liquid layout but instead of using
CSS and text, with a lot of images and JavaScript.

My theory was: ok, if Firefox doesn't calculate the width of an image
before the formatting of the page, maybe i can force it to do it.
It works for some things but not for others and I don't know what else to
try. The funny thing is that, in debugging mode, if I set a breakpoint to
this function and then just let it execute, it works perfectly, but if I
don't pause it manually it seems like there's not enough time to calculate
every image's height.

¿Any suggestions?