I use the AJAXsubmit and ajaxform at a couple of places in my php app. So,
when a user clicks on 'change privacy', a form with radio buttons appears to
change privacy settings of photo.

the form relies on ajaxsubmit for submission. Now, at the target php file, I
want to first check if the user session is still valid..And only if it is
valid should the php file go ahead and process the privacy settings user set
in the form. If session is invalid, i redirect him back to the login page.

Problem that happens is that since the submission is by AJAX, the display
stays on the same page even though the session of the user has become
invalid. the redirect doesnt work correctly.

what wud be the best way to accomplish what I'm trying to do -- is it
possible for me to check whether the session is valid within the javascript
it self...and if not valid, redirect to login page ?

thnx.