Hi,

I have some problems setting a global variable from within the success()
function inside a .post.
Here is a simplified version of what I have:

function addedit() {
   var lk_id=0;
   $.ajax({url:'ajax/my_script.php',
               type:'POST',
               dataType:'html',
               data:'optype=add',
               success:function(data) {
                          if (data!=null && data!='') {
                           //alert(lk_id);
                             lk_id=parseInt(data);
    alert(lk_id);
}

My script returns a single number and I want lk_id to get that value in
the success() function of the ajax call.
The commented alert() in the success function can read the value of the
outer lk_id (in this case 0), lk_id is set to the new value but the last
alert() of the function returns 0 again.
This function is called from a link with the onclick="addedit()"
attribute. I am using firefox 2
I suppose I could use the load() function to put the result in a hidden
input, then read that input but it seems a little too complicated.

Any help regarding this problem is appreciated

--
Dan