Hi folks,

This problem probably stems from my lack of CSS knowledge, but I'm sure there's someone here who can help me. I'm trying to use .add/removeClass() to highlight and unhighlight cells in a calendar when hovered and change their color entirely when they're clicked, etc.

I had this working great, but now need to add further functionality, and decided that I should use jQuery to to the highlighting by swapping classes in and out. It works, but not exactly as I expected. It's swapping out the text color, but not the background color. I'm puzzled. Is there some reason I could be seeing these sorts of results?

I've got a css file set up with classes like this:

   td.Weekday{
       color                : #ThisOrderBoardNormalTextColor#;
       background-color    : #ThisOrderBoardOddRowColor#;
   }
   td.WeekdayHover{
       background-color    : #ThisOrderBoardOddRowHighlightColor#;
   }
   td.WeekdayClicked{
       color                : white;
       background-color    : blue;