previously I coded

$(this).parents().add(this) inside a bind('click' function...

then continue the chain to look at 'me and my parents'
on 1.1 the chain only has the parents, this did not get added.

when I break it up , with an .end() and continue the chain, it brings
'me' back to the chain, and I have to each thru  this separately.

What did I miss?

                                        $(this)
                                                .attr("target","elsewhere")
                                                .parents()