On 16/01/07, Daniel McBrearty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> yes. Thanks. I have it now.
>
> Any takers on my "what is the jQuery object" question? Is it simply an
> array of elements that have been selected?
>
> It may be kind of obvious, but it took me a few days to figure it. It
> might be good to explicitly say this somewhere early in the docs IMHO.
>
> thanks again.

It is a collection of selected elements, that can be batch processed
(events assigned, styles applied, classes added etc), but due the fact
that multiple types of elements (div, span, input etc) can be
selected, the methods of each element have to be accessed by index
(using get(n).focus() or [n].focus()).

It's really a pseudo array rather than a real array.