That's exactly what I was trying to find but like you said I couldn't find
any links to it.

Thanks!
-Jonathan

On 1/15/07, Aaron Heimlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/15/07, Jonathan Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Is jQuery's even object that gets passed in "standard" or would I have
> to code around W3C/IE target vs. srcElement?

jQuery does some basic normalization to ensure the event object you
receive complies with the W3C DOM2 Spec (and yes, event.target vs.
event.srcElement is one of them). See
http://docs.jquery.com/Events_%28Guide%29 for more info (Note: there don't
seem to be any pages linking here[1]. I actually had to search to find it).

There's also the fix_events plugin which does some more extensive
normalization: http://jquery.com/dev/svn/trunk/plugins/fix_events/fix_events.js

[1]
http://docs.jquery.com/index.php?title=Special:Whatlinkshere&target=Events_%28Guide%29

--