I'm glad this thread caught your eyes! When I read code.... I often
say to my self... too many variables, or in the case of html, too many
tags and attributes. jQuery & css both enable us to cut down on the
size of our code, thus making it more reliable.

Long complex works, often require patches and revisions where short
proven modular code often do not. The concept of plug-ins and regular
chaining are not new or magical... it's just people forgot or didn't
realize the possibilities.

So thanks again to John and all the heavy-hitters that we all learn from!

Jake