Hello,

I've added an effect to make the pages fade when i click on some other
internal link, like this:

        $("a").not(".external").click(function() {
                var url=this.href;

                // fade effect
                $("#contenu").fadeOut("slow",function() {
                        document.location.href=url;
                });
                return false;
        });

This works in all browsers i've tested (Safari & FF on Mac, IE5.5 on
Virtual PC, where it is slow, but that was expected). However, my
client says that on IE7, the #contenu div first jumps up by about 20px
before it fades out.

I'm wondering if this is a known issue ?

(Apparently the type also becomes aliased before the fade completes.)

I am thinking of removing the function altogether for IE, but i've
already removed so much niceties from my layout for that browser that
there is barely anything left...

Thanks for any advice!

Best regards,

--