All,

We are developing various business Web portals using JQuery and wondered why
we should care about unobtrusive JavaScript.  These Web portals are not for
the general public and can only be accessed by business clients who
subscribe to our service.  When our clients subscribe to our service, we
give them the system requirements for using our service and one of them has
always been that you must have JavaScript enabled in your browser.  We
primarily support the latest versions of IE and Firefox but attempt to be as
browser agnostic as possible.  The reason I am asking this question is that
we would like to include some very advanced JavaScript controls (i.e. a full
featured data aware grid) in our Web portals, however, the inclusion of
these controls will basically negate the use of unobtrusive JavaScript which
seems to be an important aspect of JQuery development.

Mark D. Lincoln

Mark D. Lincoln, Director of Research & Development

Eye On Solutions, LLC

(866) 253-9366x101

www.eyeonsolutions.com