hi, tiny hint $("div#tab_1") is slower then $("#tab_1")

to your problem, i think your error might be somewhere else, maybe you gave
your object with

$('<div>').id('tab_1') // this will not work anymore
$('<div>').attr('id','tab_1') // you have to do it like this,

maybe you got stucked there some where, just look for ".id(" inside your
code