> I found the issue, it seems blockUI is hardcoded to have a width of 250px

Hi Gavin,

I optimized for what I anticipated to be the most common use case:
adding a simple text message.  In cases like that any block element
will grab as much width as it can which makes it difficult to get the
"right" size.  I wanted to keep the plugin simple and small without
any dependencies on dimensions.js.  You're solving the problem the
right way, that's what the css argument is for.  Be careful passing in
a dom element because it will be removed from the dom when you
unblock.

Marc, you're right - this should be documented!

Mike