This topic has been completely exhaustingly beaten to death by every
single JavaScript conversation ever. The general consensus is that until
customizable iterators in JavaScript 2.0 become widespread, avoid
Object.prototype like the plague. All the other alternatives are too
heavy to be worth it, especially in the time-sensitive world of
JavaScript. I believe is that we, as a community, cannot and should not
be expected to handle broken code. And until the language can handle
Object.prototype intelligently, any use of it is broken.

-blair