Alex Calara schrieb:
> Ah, that does it. It's a little laggy, you can resize the window all
> day long with the columns adjusting and the footer stays exactly
> where it started off, and then the moment you let go of the mouse
> button, it snaps to the bottom of the longest column. I guess the
> jQuery resize event only triggers once the window is officially
> considered "RESIZED." This also explains the timer (is that 50ms?) on
> Inman's original script, constantly remeasuring.

This is not because jQuery has implemented its own resize event, its
just how browsers may implement the resize event. I said may, because in
IE you will get a much smoother handling, because resize fires
constantly while resizing, not after like in Mozilla.

It won't even make a difference if you use a timer instead I found. It's
still not smooth and execution still mostly waits for the resizing
completed.

-- Klaus