Just a note - if I fill up the textarea to the max the cursor jumps back to
the beginning of the textarea ( and scrolls my content back to the top ) I
don't believe this is how this should behave.

To test - type 300 characters into the first textarea. Try and place your
cursor at the end of the last character.