> But has JSON really has to be bidirectional?

I just mentioned that because when posting JSON I think the spec
becomes more relevant as the server is likely using a JSON binding
that adheres to the it.

> You know, I just like to stick to standards.

Ha, I know, Klaus!  "Standards" is your middle name!  :-)

> Isn't there a getScript method as well?

Yes.  The difference is in the httpData method.  Scripts are eval-ed,
but json is eval-ed, returned, and eventually passed to the callback.

Regarding my earlier example, if I had used double-quotes I'm pretty
sure it would have been "valid" JSON, even though it's an array.

Mike