Tinymce support really does appear to be bad :/ I tend
to not have any questions answered over in the support
forum.

I found this:
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2731

I haven't read the entire thing fully, but it appears
to be solving the ajax/tinymce issue in some cases.
Maybe it will help you out?

--kim