Mike Alsup wrote:
>> Sticking it in the template file would mean putting the
>> script block outside the head which I don't really want.
>
> Why does it mean that?  I put all that stuff in the template like this:

>     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
> <head>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-pack.js"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> {literal}
>     $(function() {
>         $('div.round').corner();
>     });
> {/literal}
> </script>
> {if $googleMaps}
> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.googlemaps.js"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="yada-yada"></script>
> {/if}
> {if $thickbox}
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="projection, screen"
> href="css/thickbox.css" />
> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/thickbox.js"></script>
> {/if}

Sorry, I should have noted I'm using a common header template file for
all pages that gets included in the page template.  Something like this
in a page template:
{include file="header.tpl"}
[page content here]
{include file="footer.tpl"}

I'm using the {if} statements to include the js files I need based on a
variable I set in the PHP file like you have above.  Where I'm stuck is
now to set the js needed for the jQuery code into the HEAD.

I guess I could use something like this in header.tpl
{if $jquerycode}
<script type="text/javascript">
$jquerycode
</script>
{/if}

and set $jquerycode in my PHP file.

--
Chris Scott
Adaptive Hosting Solutions, Inc.          | Blogzerk - blog hosting