Basically, it's no, not possible.

More info here: http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread93938.html

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ronaldo
Sent: mardi 20 février 2007 1:11
To: discuss@jquery.com
Subject: Re: [jQuery] tables - is this possible ?

Apologies for not being clearer. This is the situation:
I have a table populated by a php/mysql script. I've created an excel export
option which changes the header to ms-excel and refreshes the current page
by making another call to the mysql db to fetch the data.
So I thought, the table data is already embedded in the current html page;
why make another call to the mysql db to fetch the same data again? is not
possible to use javascript to scan the current html page for <table> and

let me know your thoughts

DavidIcreate wrote:

> ronaldo schreef:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have pretty basic js & jquery skills so need some input on whether
>> this is
>> feasible:
>> With some code, would i be able to scan the html page for a
>> ?
>>
>> if so, whats the correct syntax to loop through <td>?
>>
>> The main advantage for this would be speed and bandwith, as it'll
>> save me making a call to the database.
>>
>> Thanks

> The none jquery question would be: isn't it possible to fetch your
> data to a variable or an object and output that as html and make an
> excel file? this will not fatten your javascript code which needs to
> be downloaded too.
>
> --
> David Duymelinck

Ce message Envoi est certifié sans virus connu.
Analyse effectuée par AVG.
Version: 7.5.441 / Base de données virus: 268.18.2/692 - Date: 18/02/2007
16:35