On 2/21/07, Klaus Hartl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Chris Ovenden schrieb:
> Hi All
>
> I have searched Google and my archives of this list, and can't find an
> API for the history plugin. Is there one, somewhere?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris

Chris, you'll find the documentation inline.

http://dev.jquery.com/browser/trunk/plugins/history_remote/jquery.history.js?format=txt

After all, there is not much API:

Enable history for an Ajax driven link:

$('a').remote('#output');

Such a link will load content from the URL of its href attribute into an
element with the id "output". (You can put in any selector suported by
jQuery or a DOM element).

You still have to activate history:

$.ajaxHistory.initialize();

There is an undocumented feature. If you have links that do not load
Ajax content but have attached some handler on the click event (for
example showing a part of the page) you can history-enable that link as
well:

$('a').history();

I'll write up a little tutorial as soon as possible.

Thanks, Klaus! I'll give it a try.

Chris

--
Chris Ovenden

http://thepeer.blogspot.com
"Imagine all the people / Sharing all the world"