Hi, Ty...

Having used both forums and mailing lists extensively,
I have to say I prefer the mailing list.  I like for everything
to come to my inbox rather than having to visit all the forums.

What has really helped me in sorting through the huge influx
of info each day from various lists is how I've configured
Outlook.  I have the message sorted by date then by subject.
That way, I can keep all the various topic messages grouped
together.

Grouping the messages this way causes Outlook to group
the messages much like a forum does, including showing
which messages were responses to previous messages with indenting.
The subject line for the messages is shown only once at the top
of the message group.

It's really a big help.

One of the lists I'm on, CF-Talk for ColdFusion, has all messages
online and searchable, too, which provides a reference as a
forum would.  Perhaps (if it's not already) the messages of the
jQuery list could be archived online so they can be searched
for topics and solutions.

Rick