On 3/6/07, Remy Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A screencast for beginners to jQuery and/or AJAX showing how easy it is to
> add an AJAX layer to submit a form.

Excellent job on that screencast, Remy!

Since you end the cast with a note about putting the script into a
plugin I would just like to point out that gathering form data is a
bit more complex when dealing with meatier forms.  Your code works
fine for a form that contains only text fields, but it would not work
for a form that contained a checkbox, radio button or multi-select
element.  In addition, encodeURIComponent should be used instead of
escape (and it should be used on both the name and value).

I realize your demo was about how easy it is to ajaxify a form, and
you did an awesome job demonstrating that.  I just wanted to follow up
with some additional info.

Cheers!

Mike