Hi dalvarado,

I once had the same issue!  Check out the thread:
http://www.nabble.com/InterfaceElements-Sortables---Help-with-mousedown-bindings-tf2758367.html#a7691068

Particularly starting at the 6th message.

I also had to study stopPropagation() and its nature in various browsers to
understand this issue.

Cheers,

-Tony