Hi Alexandre.

On 3/8/07, Alexandre Plennevaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> I indeed did it via regular expressions:)

Good, but you shouldn't rely on stripping a list of invalid characters.

It's safer to strip any character that doesn't belong to a whitelist. This code

    "ínó".replace(/[^a-z0-9]/ig, "");

will delete from the string any characters that are not in the ranges
a-z or 0-9.

Your aproach would allow the user to insert (c)∫∂æ†∑Ω crappy characters :(

Anyway, don't forget to replicate the validation on the server side.

--
Choan
<http://choangalvez.nom.es/>