After spending some time with Prototype, I decided to try my hand with
jQuery and I think I kind of like it.  I think I'll like it even
better when it's compatible with (YUI-)ext.  Anyway, I'm wondering if
it's possible to perform multiple actions on a single element without
having to search for it each time.  Similar to core js like:

with ( document.getElementById ( 'myele' ) ) {
     /** do stuff */
}

I'm wondering if there's a similar syntax within jQuery.  I've looked
through the docs and the tutorials and I missed it, if such a
technique is available.  Can someone give me a definitive answer (with
syntax, if it is possible) or a URI?

Thanks.

Rob Wilkerson