From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Cherne
Sent: mardi 13 mars 2007 9:53
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: [jQuery] hoverIntent = my first plug-in

WHAT?
hoverIntent is a function that attempts to determine the user's intent... like
a crystal ball, only with mouse movement! It works like (and was derived from)
jQuery's built-in hover. However, instead of immediately calling the
onMouseOver function, it waits until the user's mouse slows down enough before
calling the function.

WHERE?
My sorely out-dated web site.
<HYPERLINK "http://cherne.net/brian/resources/jquery.hoverIntent.html";
\nhttp://cherne.net/brian/resources/jquery.hoverIntent.html >

WHY?
To delay or prevent the accidental firing of animations or ajax calls. Simple
timers work for small areas, but if your target area is large it may execute
regardless of intent. Also, because jQuery animations cannot be stopped once
they've started it's best not to start them prematurely. ... and I wanted
something that was easy to swap in/out with hover (so hoverIntent returns the
same "this" and event objects as hover).

WHAT'S NEXT?
Your feedback! Tear it shreds! Tell me what you think. I would like to keep the
script as small as possible, but if I could make this more useful (and more
likely to be used) I'm happy to make some enhancements... like...
- more compelling/verbose demo/documentation
- ability to override default settings (sensitivity, polling interval, etc)
- option of a simple onMouseOut timer
- make it more jQuery $-friendly (first few attempts have failed)
- suggestions for code style/commenting/optimization

Thanks in advance,
Brian.

--
Ce message Envoi est certifié sans virus connu.
Analyse effectuée par AVG.