> I was poking around the DOM looking for incorrectly scoped
> variables and I found the following node:
>
> window.undefined = "undefinedundefined"
>
> What is this for?

The window object has a property named "undefined" whose value is the
undefined value.

IOW, when you run code like this:

if( foo === undefined ) alert( 'foo is undefined' );

What you are really doing is the same as:

if( foo === window.undefined ) alert( 'foo is undefined' );

I don't know what tool you are using to view the DOM or why it says that
window.undefined has a value of "undefinedundefined". That sounds like a bug
in the DOM viewer, unless this code has been executed, which seems unlikely:

window.undefined = "undefinedundefined";

-Mike