You might want to check out jScrollPane [1] and I'm currently working
on a new scroll window plugin myself [2], but jScrollPane is going to
be stable and mine will for sure be changing a lot in the near future.

BTW ... I'm still not convinced that using a custom designed scroll
bar cross-platform is a good thing. Couldn't it just confuse users who
are used to seeing a specific scroll bar? I guess it really just
depends on your audience.

[1]: http://kelvinluck.com/assets/jquery/jScrollPane/jScrollPane.html
[2]: http://brandon.jquery.com/plugins/scrollWindow/demo/

--