I have been able to reproduce this bug and have opened a ticket on it. #1061
It really isn't the back button but how ie is refreshing the page.

I think I found the cause of the problem and noted it in the ticket.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of clifforama
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 10:27 AM
To: discuss@jquery.com
Subject: [jQuery] jQuery breaks iframes and back button?

jQuery seems to cause unexpected behaviour in IE6 and IE7 when used in
combination with iframes. In fact, it occurs without actually making use of
jQuery, but just including it is enough. Here's the problem:

I have two pages that each contain 2 iframes. For illustrative purposes,
they will have the same contents:

[container1.html and container2.html]
<head>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>
</head>
    <iframe src="left.html"></iframe>
    <iframe src="right.html"></iframe>

The two pages loaded in each iframe simply contain the following bodies.
Neither contain any reference to jQuery:

[left.html]

[right.html]

Now, just load container1.html and click on either link. You will see no
change, since container2.html is the same as container1.html. But, if you
click the back button to return to container1.html, you will see that both
iframes now contain the contents of right.html.

If I simply remove the jQuery references, the problem goes away.

Any ideas?

Cliff