I always assumed the css was pre-fetched and cached because of the
http headers (that are derived from the <head>)

Link: </index.css>; /="/"; rel="stylesheet"; type="text/css"

is generated by apache when a link is in the head. But I've never
served a page with a fake header to prove it.

On 3/20/07, Klaus Hartl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Aaron Heimlich schrieb:
> >
> > On 3/20/07, *Matt Stith* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
> >
> >     The browser will cache scripts and css included in the header, but
> >     not anywhere else.
> >

> > Really!? Where did you get that from?
>
> I'd like to know that as well. How would a browser distinguish where
> from the DOM an external file is loaded? Why should images be cached
> then, when they're included in the body only?
>
> That may be true for external style sheets, but only because you can
> only include external style sheets in the head.
>

> -- Klaus

Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ - יעקב   ʝǡǩȩ   ᎫᎪᏦᎬ