I have no formal programming training, so I often brute-force things that
could be a lot more elegant.  One thing I'm struggling with in particular
now is the benefits of creating object prototypes over just storing data in
a global tree.  A few people on this list have taken a shot at explaining
some of this to me, and thank you very much for that, but it's just not
sinking in which is unusual and frustrating.

Can you all tell us what books are good for advanced Javascript reference?
Closures, objects, advanced functions, etc.  I've been doing DOM programming
long enough that I can find a way around pretty much every problem but I
want to take my game to the next level.

Your help is much appreciated!!