Hi Scott.

Your request is very interesting: I'm going to add that feature to the next
release of Chili.

Meanwhile, if you feel confident with javascript, you could expose the
function 'makeDish', which is now inside a closure. You could then use it
directly on the element to highlight. In a static setup you could write:

makeDish( $( '#myPHPSnippet' )[0], ChiliBook.recipes[ 'php.js' ] );

I hope this helps,
Andrea