Mike,

On Mar 26, 2007, at 10:13 AM, Mike Alsup wrote:

>> Safari 2.0.4 has problems when a file is chosen to upload and the
>> return choice is xml.  It looks like the form is sent, but the
>> 'Submitting' overlay never goes away, so it appears as if the
>> callback
>> isn't happening.  All other return types worked fine for me, and the
>> xml worked fine when no file is chosen.
>>
>> I tried a recent build of Webkit and everything worked fine.
>
> Interesting.  Thanks for the feedback, Roger.  I suspect there must be
> a script error occurring on the page.  Did Safari indicate that an
> error occurred?

I made myself a test-bed and poked around some.  When the iframe
receives a document with a content-type of text/html, cb gets called
and all is well.  If another content-type is used, cb never gets
called.  I tried several different content-types, and got some
strange results (application/json caused safari to put up its
'download a file' dialog), but I couldn't find any besides text/html
that would case the load event to fire.  Even application/xhtml+xml
didn't work.

Safari does surprise me at times :-(

--
Roger Roelofs