Hello

We're currently using jQuery 1.1.2 on a production site and have some
issues with memory leaks, which seem to affect all browsers after a
while, especially Safari, but also Firefox and IE seem to be
affected. Users use our page for hours, and parts of the HTML page
stay open all the time and are not reloaded for the whole session,
which means even small leaks can easily accumulate and become a real
problem.

We are currently trying to eliminate the memory leaks but are now
running into a dead end. The software is unfortunately too large
(about 2500 lines of JavaScript code) to easily create reduced test
cases for the leaks so we basically have no clue at all, where the
leaks occur and whether they are in our code or in jQuery. We noticed
the situation improved a bit by upgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2, though.

Now, the question is: Are there maybe any already _known_ memory
leaks in version 1.1.2 which are maybe even be in the upcoming 1.1.3
or the SVN repository, so we could simply cherry pick the
corresponding patches. I tried searching through the ticket database
but could not find anything related to memory leaks but might have
overlooked someting. So, if any of the developers know of such a bug,
it will save us a lot of time.

We mainly use the jQuery CSS selection system, event system,
animations and AJAX by the way - no XPath

--
Markus Peter - [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      http://www.spin-ag.de/
SPiN AG, Bischof-von-Henle-Str. 2b, 93051 Regensburg, HRB 6295