Thank you. That really means a lot! :)

I had a similar need about 6 months ago. A client wanted a lot of
information displayed in a tooltip, and there was the possibility of ~30
tooltips per page. We couldn't load all of that data at one time, so I wrote
the beginnings of this script in pure, custom JavaScript. Since then I've
found a few other instances where I've wanted something similar, but didn't
want to rewrite my custom code for another custom use.

Then, in January, I met jQuery... I found the hover function... and at some
point I realized my "determine user intent" script was really a modified
version of hover, and I challenged myself to hack it and make my first
plug-in.

jQuery not only provided that crucial second-stage of inspiration, but it
enabled me to write this plug-in in the most abstract/re-usable way... and
then provide me with a mechanism for packaging it up and distributing it to
the community. ...so empowering!

I guess this is my long-winded way of saying I agree with you. jQuery has
made coding JavaScript and building interactive sites/applications
pleasurable. :)

...and I'm glad someone else is finding a use for my plug-in. Thanks again.

Brian.