Preface: Hi Carpentries people! Thank you for all that you do! I want to share
this call for proposals with you, especially folks working on and involved in
Library Carpentry. ELAG is a long-running library & cultural heritage
technology conference. We have lots of workshops and bootcamp sessions, and as
such, we have a real love for the work of the Carpentries. It'd be great to see
some of you there sharing your work, expertise, and love of technology! Thanks
for considering!

****Apologies for cross-posting****

Dear colleagues,

The 43rd and 2019 edition of the International Conference of the European
Library Automation Group (aka ELAG) will be held in Berlin, Germany from May 7
to 10 2019. Don't know ELAG? Read more about our ongoing conference here:
https://www.elag2019.de/about-elag.html. In short, ELAG is a very interactive
library & cultural heritage technology conference where we focus on sharing our
interests, experiences, and expertise in a variety of session formats. Come
join us and enrich our meeting with your ideas! We aim for diversity of
participants across contexts, and we want you with us in Berlin this year!
Learn some new skills and meet some new friends!

As such, we invite you to submit ELAG 2019 proposals for bootcamps,
presentations, and workshops on your library and cultural heritage technology
work. Bootcamps and workshops are special sessions to ELAG where we prioritize
hands-on and collaborative sharing of expertise. We have had such sessions on
topics from Catmandu to metadata quality to DevOps practices to microservices
architecture... and beyond.

More details on the conference itself, our extended call for proposals, and our
proposal writers' guidelines are available at https://www.elag2019.de/.

Please submit your stellar proposal via e-mail, following the guidelines on our
website, directly to Peter van Boheemen (Chair of the ELAG Program Committee)
at peter.vanbohee...@wur.nl. Proposals now need to be in by January 22nd, 2019.
The Program Committee will review all proposals and notify participants within
1 month.

Thanks for considering, and we hope to see you in Berlin in May!