Hi everyone,

Myself and Titus Brown are continuing our exciting series of workshops focused
on “Speeding up Science”. Our second workshop will take place _*October 23-25,
2019 at UC Davis*_, and travel funding for all accepted participants is being
generously sponsored by the Moore Foundation.

Full workshop description and provisional schedule:
_https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IZDGgDbTlNnZPu6etmrbWFd0HzZoUFaNUNg1N77xQIk/edit?usp=sharing_

Application to participate (*deadline Tues Sept 24*):
_https://forms.gle/vHbWL2caLTMdJPQMA_

We’re once again looking for people with metabarcoding, metagenomics, and
metatranscriptomics data/code/scripts to join us for a Jupyter/Binder hackathon
- the goal is to improve data analysis tools for Environmental -Omics datasets,
by producing reproducible workflows for common data processing and
visualization steps. Outputs from our first event in May 2019 are posted on the
main workshop website (code and  visualizations):
_https://speeding-up-science-workshops.github.io/_

If you are a researcher or software developer working using high-throughput
sequencing approaches in any ecosystem (marine, terrestrial, human microbiome,
etc.), please apply!

Thanks,

Holly