If this is the wrong place for this, please let me know - but this seems like a
great audience to hear about this position! I know many of you at earlier
career stages might be interested!

We are hiring an Asst. Prof in Data Science at UMass Boston. This is a broad
search with possible homes in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science,
Engineering, Mathematics or Physics depending. Note, exceptional applicants at
higher ranks could be considered.

I'll put advertisement text and link below. Applications due by Nov 30th. Feel
free to contact me about data science at UMB or UMB in general, or contact the
search chair Michael Shiaris <michael.shia...@umb.edu> for questions about the
position and application.

Please feel free to forward this around to your networks!

-Jarrett Byrnes

-------------
Jarrett Byrnes
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biology
UMass Boston
401-529-4104
pronouns: he, him, his
http://byrneslab.net
@jebyrnes

https://employmentopportunities.umb.edu/boston/en-us/job/506594/assistant-professor-of-data-science

The College of Science and Mathematics (CSM) at the University of Massachusetts
Boston invites applications for a tenure-track position, and possibly two
depending on financial resources, in the general area of Data Science. This
position, at the level of Assistant Professor and beginning September 1, 2021,
is a further step in strengthening and expanding our Data Science cluster
(exceptional applicants at higher ranks could be considered). The hire will
complement other CSM groups already involved in data science research. We
consider Data Science broadly defined, encompassing a variety of complex
systems and data types, ranging from the Internet to social, biological,
chemical, physical, ecological and environmental systems. This tenure-track
position will be located in the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Computer
Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics. The successful candidate must
possess a PhD in one of the said areas or closely related field and is expected
to develop
a strong independent research program. Eight PhD degree programs in CSM,
including the interdisciplinary Computational Sciences PhD, and many
data-science-based faculty conducting research across CSM and the University
provide a rich environment for collaboration and career growth.

To apply, upload (i) a cover letter; (ii) curriculum vitae; (iii) a statement
of current research, vision and future research plans; (vi) a description of
teaching philosophy, experience and future teaching plans; and (v) a diversity
statement that reflects experience and commitment to diversity, equity, and
inclusion. You should arrange for at least three referees to submit letters of
recommendation to the search committee. The review of applications will begin
immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration,
applications should be received by November 30, 2021.

Located on Boston Harbor, the University of Massachusetts Boston offers
undergraduate, Master's, and Ph.D. programs in almost 90 fields of study. It
serves a diverse population of 16,000+ students and is nationally recognized as
a model of excellence for urban public universities. Faculty have many
opportunities for interdisciplinary research and collaboration, e.g., in the
physical, biological, environmental and computational sciences.