[image: :loudspeaker:] Hi all! Below are some events that may be of
interest to The Carpentries community. You can find your local time and
sign up for them on the Community Sessions Etherpad
<https://pad.carpentries.org/community-sessions-2024>. All upcoming
opportunities are on our Community Calendar
<https://carpentries.org/community/#community-events>. To request an
accommodation to attend a community session, please fill out the accommodation
request form <https://carpentries.typeform.com/to/B2OSYaD0>. Questions?
Please email commun...@carpentries.org.*[image: :carpentries:]** Community
Session: Ask Me Anything: Lesson Development in the Carpentries with
**@microstevens
<https://carpentries.slack.com/team/U619FV81X>*
Instructor trainees can attend this event as part of their checkout
requirements (‘Get Involved’ step). Instructors who have recently taught or
are about to teach can attend this event to share their experiences and ask
questions. This event is also open to our general community members who
want to learn more about The Carpentries. *Please sign up to attend on our
Etherpad: *https://pad.carpentries.org/community-sessions-2024

   - [image: :zoomlove:] Location: Zoom Link

<https://carpentries.zoom.us/my/carpentriesroom2?pwd=WmVCOUlPUm1laFk5SUp1UWg5cjhEUT09>
   - [image: :calendar:] UTC Time: 15 July 2024 15:00 (Your local time

<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Community%20Session:%20Ask%20Me%20Anything:%20Lesson%20Development%20in%20the%20Carpentries&iso=20240715T1500>
   ); Copy the event to your Google Calendar

<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=M3ZyZnRmb28zM2ltbGhnN3RpMHBhZDBzaDAgb3NldXVvaHQwdHZqYm9rZ2czbm9oOGM0N2dAZw&tmsrc=oseuuoht0tvjbokgg3noh8c...@group.calendar.google.com>
   .

*[image: :carpentries:]** Community Welcome Session with **@Danielle Sieh
<https://carpentries.slack.com/team/U01LXPBS02V>** and **@tobyhodges
<https://carpentries.slack.com/team/UC0G7HXNG>*
New to The Carpentries community? Join members of the Core Team and
community to learn about the organisation, ways to engage, and to have your
questions answered. These sessions are ideal for recently trained
Instructors, new Member contacts, and anyone curious to learn more about
The Carpentries community. This is also a great place to re-onboard if you
haven’t been engaged with us for a while! *Please sign up to attend on our
Etherpad:* https://pad.carpentries.org/welcome-sessions-2024.

   - [image: :zoomlove:] Location: Zoom Link
   <https://carpentries.zoom.us/my/carpentriesroom2>
   - [image: :calendar:] UTC Time: 16 July 2024 15:00 (Your local time

<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Community%20Welcome%20Session&iso=20240716T1500>
   ); Copy the event to your Google Calendar

<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MnI1ZzJzYzYxdjJuZnExOHY1dmJldjAxYXZfMjAyNDA3MTZUMTUwMDAwWiBvc2V1dW9odDB0dmpib2tnZzNub2g4YzQ3Z0Bn&tmsrc=oseuuoht0tvjbokgg3noh8c...@group.calendar.google.com>
   .
   - [image: :calendar:] UTC Time: 19 July 2024 09:00 (Your local time

<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Community%20Welcome%20Session&iso=20240719T0900>
   ); Copy the event to your Google Calendar

<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MjVlbjFsaTllZWZ0ZWN1YzBocmUwc2JjdDdfMjAyNDA3MTlUMDkwMDAwWiBvc2V1dW9odDB0dmpib2tnZzNub2g4YzQ3Z0Bn&tmsrc=oseuuoht0tvjbokgg3noh8c...@group.calendar.google.com>
   .

*[image: :carpentries:]** Maintainers meeting*
Monthly meeting for Carpentry Maintainers.
https://codimd.carpentries.org/maintainers?both#

   - [image: :zoomlove:] Location: Zoom Link
   <https://carpentries.zoom.us/my/carpentriesroom2>
   - [image: :calendar:] UTC Time: 17 July 2024 12:00 (Your local time

<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Maintainers%20meeting%20&iso=20240717T1200>
   ); Copy the event to your Google Calendar

<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=bDAxdWZtdjYycWJhbHQyZmx0MzlzYnAxN2lfMjAyNDA3MTdUMTIwMDAwWiBvc2V1dW9odDB0dmpib2tnZzNub2g4YzQ3Z0Bn&tmsrc=oseuuoht0tvjbokgg3noh8c...@group.calendar.google.com>
   .

*[image: :carpentries:]** Community Session: Workshop Debrief and Teaching
Discussion with **@speterson <https://carpentries.slack.com/team/U9C45PU7P>*
Etherpad:* https://pad.carpentries.org/community-discussions

   - [image: :zoomlove:] Location: Zoom Link

<https://carpentries.zoom.us/my/carpentriesroom2?pwd=WmVCOUlPUm1laFk5SUp1UWg5cjhEUT09>
   - [image: :calendar:] UTC Time: 17 July 2024 18:00 (Your local time

<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Community%20Session:%20Workshop%20Debrief%20and%20Teaching%20Discussion&iso=20240717T1800>
   ); Copy the event to your Google Calendar

<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MnF2OTJ1NHNudjlwM2ZzMW1xZHZ0ZDZ2dmcgb3NldXVvaHQwdHZqYm9rZ2czbm9oOGM0N2dAZw&tmsrc=oseuuoht0tvjbokgg3noh8c...@group.calendar.google.com>
   .

*[image: :carpentries:]** HPC Carpentry Community Call*
Each meeting of the HPC Carpentry community takes place in two parts to
accommodate our members around the globe. This reminder represents the
first part, which recurs at 13:00 Central European Time. Get your local
time from everytimezone
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://everytimezone.com&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1714467547386356&usg=AOvVaw3Hmy0IfMwxvjqqgLKKACPu>.
Details, including a link to the agenda and collaborative meeting notes,
are discussed on Slack
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://swcarpentry.slack.com/%23hpc-carpentry&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1714467547386356&usg=AOvVaw01A5qwCeVZ1syQC2Grp0ES>
or
the mailing list
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://carpentries.topicbox.com/groups/discuss-hpc&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1714467547386356&usg=AOvVaw1NgJCNrbd9RKIcoZcT1alK>
.

   - [image: :zoomlove:] Location: Zoom Link
   <https://meet.google.com/gez-aeui-jdx>
   - [image: :calendar:] UTC Time: 18 July 2024 11:00 (Your local time

<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HPC%20Carpentry%20Community%20Call&iso=20240718T1100>
   ); Copy the event to your Google Calendar

<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=NTMyc25tdmgwb3FjMzd0cHRhZTBhMnJmZXNfMjAyNDA3MThUMTEwMDAwWiBvc2V1dW9odDB0dmpib2tnZzNub2g4YzQ3Z0Bn&tmsrc=oseuuoht0tvjbokgg3noh8c...@group.calendar.google.com>
   .

*[image: :carpentries:]** Community Session: How to create a workshop
website with **@Jannetta Steyn
<https://carpentries.slack.com/team/UNX0K6GPK>*
A hands-on session on how to create a website for your Carpentries
workshop. You will need a GitHub account. Instructor trainees can attend
this event as part of their checkout requirements (‘Get Involved’ step).
Instructors who have recently taught or are about to teach can attend this
event to share their experiences and ask questions. This event is also open
to our general community members who want to learn more about The
Carpentries.
*Please sign up to attend on our Etherpad:*
https://pad.carpentries.org/community-discussions

   - [image: :zoomlove:] Location: Zoom Link

<https://carpentries.zoom.us/my/carpentriesroom2?pwd=WmVCOUlPUm1laFk5SUp1UWg5cjhEUT09>
   - [image: :calendar:] UTC Time: 19 July 2024 13:30 (Your local time

<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Community%20Session:%20How%20to%20create%20a%20workshop%20website&iso=20240719T1330>
   ); Copy the event to your Google Calendar

<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=aDdiajNocm9tNG1oODJuMDJmYnNtYnA1aWcgb3NldXVvaHQwdHZqYm9rZ2czbm9oOGM0N2dAZw&tmsrc=oseuuoht0tvjbokgg3noh8c...@group.calendar.google.com>
   .
   -

This list is for the purpose of general discussion about The Carpentries
including community activities, upcoming events, and announcements.  Some other
lists you may also be interested in include discuss-hpc, discuss-r, and  our
local groups. Visit https://carpentries.topicbox.com/groups/ to learn more. All
activity on this and other Carpentries spaces should abide by The Carpentries
Code of Conduct found here:
https://docs.carpentries.org/topic_folders/policies/code-of-conduct.html

The Carpentries: discuss
https://carpentries.topicbox.com/groups/discuss/Tfbf8afdfa2caf7f5-M6a0b763ea9a3fce744fbaa0d